Hugo Chan, Managing Partner, WE Engauge Limited, shares these insights from Hong Kong.
China is a totally different “social world”
– China has the largest internet population in the world: 700M
– Chinese culture is very different from those of Western countries.
– Chinese is the second largest consumer of luxury products
– Chinese has the most engaged social netizenship in the world.
– Chinese trusts world-of-mouth communication than most of the population in the world. Read more on China is a Different “Social” World…
Meryl Emma Karenina, Branding Analyst at MakkiMakki Branding Consultant, a member of Worldwide Partners in Jakarta, shares her thoughts:
These days the three words you are most likely to see in the headlines of your CNN online coverage or your weekly business magazine is either ‘Social Media’, ‘Indonesia’, or ‘Boom’. With more than 43 million Facebook accounts and 19 million active Twitter users, Indonesia boasts the second highest number of social media users in Asia.
Read more on Indonesian Social Media Marketing : Still a Bumpy Road for Brand Owners….
Casper Bierman of Van Diemen Communication Brokers in the Netherlands wondered if agencies could take advantage of building apps in lower-wage countries. By surveying the agencies within Worldwide Partners, Inc., representing all regions of the world, he shares what he discovered.
Read more on Can agencies benefit by developing and building apps in countries where wages are lower?…
Judging from the number of people who bump into me while walking in the Singapore Central Business District whilst reading/texting on their mobile devices at the same time, I have long suspected that Singaporeans are increasingly becoming addicted to our mobile devices.
Read more on SMARTPHONE ADDICTION…